Table of Contents
If you like to change words to numbers, then you are perfectly right here.
On this page you can convert numeral words and amounts in dollars and cents into numbers in various formats. 🙂
Words into Numbers Converter
Important: Please take a short moment to read our instructions below!
Words in Numbers Input
- Numeral Example: Ten thousand. Your input will automatically be converted into 10,000.
- Amount Example: Five thousand dollars and fifty cents. The output is 5000,50.
- Check Amount Example: Three thousand seventeen dollars and 5/100. The result is 3,017.05.
The two words “dollars” and “and” are mandatory for check amounts as well as for amounts in dollars and cents. Our calculator can compute any value up to trillions.
Words in Numbers Output
You can choose between the following formats: figure (default), amount, number and currency.
- Figure Example: Input eight thousand. Output 8,000.
- Amount Example: Input three hundred. Result = $300.00.
- Number Example: Input four hundred. Output = 400.
- Currency Example: Input seven thousand. Result = 7,000.00 USD.
If you think something important is missing, please let us know so that we can integrate it. Next, we explain that the large number words stand for.
in English, one thousand is always 1,000 (3 zeros), and one million is always 1,000,000 (6 zeros). On our site, the larger numerals mean:
One billion = 1,000,000,000 (9 zeros) 1 × 109
One trillion = 1,000,000,000,000 (12 zeros) 1 × 1012
In other words, we employ the so-called short scale naming system as used these days in American and British English.
Ahead is the wrap-up of our content and directions for further infos.
To write words in numbers insert the numeral as words, amount in words or check amount. Next, decide on the output format.
If you like our calculator, then make sure to bookmark us, and spread the word by pressing some social buttons.
Frequently sought words written in numbers include, for example:
- One thousand dollars in numbers
- Three thousand nine hundred sixty dollars in English
- How to spell out ten thousand dollars
Questions and comments are truly welcomed. Send us an email with the subject line “words to numbers converter” or use the form at the bottom of this article.
Thanks for visiting howdoyouspell.org.