Table of Contents
Ninety four or ninety-four?
In this article we show you how to write 94 in English words correctly.
In addition, we provide you with the grammar rule right away. 🙂
Regardless of where they appear in a number, hyphenate all compound numbers between 21 and 99 (not 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, and 90) such as 94. In other words:
Hyphenate all numbers between twenty-one and ninety-nine, except those divisible by ten, even if the compound number is preceded or succeeded by numbers that do not require hyphens.
Along the same lines:
- 94,000 = ninety-four thousand (hyphenated).
- 94,000,000 = ninety-four million (hyphenated).
- 94,000,000,000 = ninety-four billion (hyphenated).
Ninety-four or Ninety four Spelling
It doesn’t matter which noun follows the adjective, the grammar rule explained above remains in place.
In the examples below the correct spelling is underlined.
Ninety four years or ninety-four years?
Ninety four percent or ninety-four percent?
Ninety four hours or ninety-four hours?
Frequently Asked Question about Ninety Four
- Does ninety four have a hyphen? Yes, 94 has a hyphen and is spelled correctly as ninety-four.
- Do you hyphenate ninety four? Yes, you put a hyphen between ninety and four: ninety-four.
- Does ninety four need a hyphen? As 94 is a compound number in between 21 and 99 it needs a hyphen; therefore writing 94 in full is ninety-four.
In the table below we show you the correct spelling of some numbers succeeding and precededing 94:
Ninety fourth or Ninety-fourth?
In the following examples the correct spelling is underlined.
Ninety fourth of August or ninety-fourth of August?
Ninety fourth day or ninety-fourth day?
Ninety fourth hour or ninety-fourth hour?
Frequently Asked Question about Ninety fourth
- Does ninety fourth have a hyphen? Yes, the ordinal number for 94 has a hyphen and is spelled correctly as ninety-fourth.
- Do you hyphenate ninety fourth? Yes, you put a hyphen between ninety and fourth: ninety-fourth.
- Does ninety fourth need a hyphen? 94 is a compound number in between 21 and 99 which needs a hyphen. Thus, writing 94th in full is ninety-fourth.
Ninety fourth or Ninety-four?
As you already know, 94 as cardinal numeral is ninety-four, and 94 as ordinal numeral is ninety-fourth.
Thus, the question in the subtitle above mixes two distinguished linguistic concepts and cannot be answered as such.
Observe that you can always check how to spell a number in full correctly using our converter below.
Letter case:Sentence case
As explained by the hyphens-in-numbers rule, 94 = ninety-four.
If you are happy with our information, then you may also be interested in our article ninety-six or ninety six.
We love to hear your feedback and answer any question about how to correctly write 94 you might have.
Use the designated form below or get in touch by email.Kindly share this content on the social media, and don’t forget to download our app.
Thanks for visiting howdoyouspell.org.